This recipe is courtesy of our stallholders Summit Organics, who borrowed it from one of their favourite cookbooks, Veg Everyday by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall of River Cottage fame.
It’s a really simple & scrumptious way to use kale, which as you may have heard, is considered a bit of a super-food. Its dietary credentials are considerable:
Health Benefits of Kale
- very high in anti-oxidants (cancer fighters)
- high in Vitamin K (bone strengthener)
- heaps of fibre (healthy bowel, lowers blood sugar)
- loads of Vitamin A (increases immunity)
- stacks of Vitamin C (helps eyesight, immunity, blood pressure)
- it also helps detox the body & reduce cholesterol
With all those credentials, you’d be mad not to include this leafy green in your diet regularly.