This delicious recipe was shared with us by the lovely Veet’s Vegan Cooking School. https://www.veets.com.au/
Caribbean Salad with Mango Dressing from
1 block of tempeh or tofu cut into cubes
2 tsp smoked paprika
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ground ginger
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 cup rice crumbs
1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
Juice of 1 lime
1 clove cooked or raw garlic
½ red capsicum sliced
2 potatoes diced and boiled in salted water
1 cob corn
4 thick slices pineapple
1 small cos lettuce
1. Mix 1 tsp smoked paprika with the cinnamon, ginger, ½ tsp salt, ground
pepper, ½ tsp chilli powder and 1 tbsp oil. Mix together in a bowl then add the
tofu or tempeh and coat with the mixture.
2. Place the rice crumbs in a bowl and add the tofu or tempeh and coat with rice
crumbs. Fry the tofu or tempeh in the remaining sunflower oil until crisp.
3. In another frying pan, add the cob of corn and pineapple slices and cook until
nice and brown, turning the pineapple slices over once and the corn until all
sides are done. Next cut the corn into wheels and cut up the pineapple removing
4. To make the mango sauce, place the mango, lime juice, garlic clove, ½ tsp salt
and ½ tsp chilli powder in a blender and blend until smooth.
5. Place the cos lettuce leaves in a big bowl then add the potato, capsicum, corn
and pineapple. Serve with the mango sauce.