Pumpkin may not be the first thing that springs to mind when you think about breakfast, but we guarantee this recipe by Rob at The Nomadic Kitchen will change your mind (and of course there’s so much lovely sweet pumpkin around at the moment it’s the perfect time to make the most of it).
Pumpkin Bruschetta with Ricotta and Crispy Sage.
• Take a whole pumpkin, cut in half and scoop out seeds
• Put on a baking tray seasoned with salt, pepper, olive oil, chilli, bay leaf and garlic.
• Cover with foil. Bake in 220 degree oven for 1 hour
• Uncover, drop temperature to 180 degrees and bake for a further 20 minutes or until soft.
• Scoop out pumpkin, mix with ricotta, season with olive oil, salt and pepper.
• Spread on sourdough toast.
• Fry sage leaves in olive oil until crispy
• Sprinkle sage leaves on top